Sunday, August 16, 2026

🏃‍♂️ Running Journey 2026 – Week 34 Update

 🏃‍♂️ Running Journey 2026 – Week 34 Update

June and July  was not one of my best Months.

I could feel some slackness creeping into my routine, and the consistency that I have been trying to build over the year started slipping. There were days when it was easier to postpone, easier to skip, and easier to tell myself that I would make it up later.



But running has taught me one important lesson:

Every fall is an opportunity to rise again.

This Month is not about pace, mileage, or personal bests. It is about recognizing where I am, accepting it, and taking the first step back towards consistency.

The positive side is that over the last 4 weeks, the mileage has been steadily increasing, and I can feel the endurance base slowly coming back. The focus now is to convert that mileage into consistency and performance.

🎯 Current Running Goals

I now have two clear goals:

  1. Consistently run a 10K in under 60 minutes

  2. Complete a Half Marathon in under 2 hours

The Sub-60 10K was achieved once, but the next challenge is to make it repeatable. Similarly, the Half Marathon goal will require a combination of endurance, pacing, strength, and discipline.

The goal now is simple:

  • Show up.

  • Follow the plan.

  • Build the habit again.

  • Stay consistent.

I have been here before. Every meaningful improvement in my running journey has come after a period of struggle, adjustment, and restarting.

So this is not a setback.

This is simply one more rise after a fall.

The focus for the coming weeks will be on:

  • Increasing consistency

  • Maintaining mileage

  • Improving pace discipline

  • Working towards a consistent Sub-60 10K

  • Building endurance for a Sub-2 Half Marathon



One run at a time.
One day at a time.

The journey continues. 👟

No comments: